Occupational Health & Safety Policy
OHS POLICY STATEMENT
We, as an organisation committed to achieving the principles of health and safety in our workplaces, recognise our moral and legal responsibility to provide a safe and healthy work environment for employees, contractors, customers and visitors. This commitment also extends to ensuring that our operations do not place the local community or environment at risk of injury, illness or damage.
AIMS AND OBJECTIVES
We will adopt the procedures as provided in the guidance notes within this manual to:
- provide safe plant and systems of work;
- provide written procedures and instructions to ensure safe systems of work;
- ensure compliance with legislative requirements and current industry standards;
- provide such information, instruction, training and supervision to employees, contractors and customers as necessary to ensure their safety; and
- provide support and assistance to employees and involve them in consultation on safety issues.
We recognise that the overall responsibility to provide a safe workplace rests with all levels of management, who will be accountable for the implementation of this policy in all areas for which they are responsible. These responsibilities include:
- providing and maintaining all workplaces in a safe condition;
- ensuring that all OH&S policies and procedures are implemented;
- actively promoting and being involved in those policies and procedures; and
- providing adequate resources to meet these OH&S commitments.
Employees will ensure that they
- follow all OH&S policies and procedures; and
- report all hazards to their supervisor.
We are committed to encouraging consultation and co-operation between management and employees, and will formally involve elected employee health and safety representatives in any workplace change or any matters that may affect the health and safety of employees in any workplace.
Joe Franchina – Director
Each of our trained technicians are provided with a fully equipped service vehicles and mobile phones so we can respond at any time day or night.